Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Introduction of Jami

Dear Board Members of ResponeAbility Builders.

I’m writing to introduce myself as a new board member appointed by Eddy to facilitate meetings and help focus the efforts of ResponseAbility Builders ministry.

First I am inviting you to a Board meeting on Thursday, December 4th, 6:30-8:30 PM at Mosaic coffee house in Wallingford. (I’ll send information on how to get there, later) Please let me know as soon as you can if this night works for you, if the time works for you and if the location works for you. Eddy told me Starbucks was too noisy. In this coffee shop we’ll have a private room.

Second, I am going to introduce myself. I am a 47 year old father of 4 kids: Valerie is 28 and goes to Pacific Lutheran seminary, Berkeley, Ca, Rachel is 17 and goes to community college in Seattle, Josiah is 15 & in high school in Seattle, Micah is 14 & in middle school. I am divorced and share custody of the kids with their mother. I have a fiancé, also named Valerie. I hope we get married soon. I am pastor at Gift of Grace Lutheran church. I have been here for 12 years, after having served in Stanwood, WA, and Stanton, ND. I play guitar, power walk, and play with my dog. I built a sauna in which I pray and sweat.

Some gifts I bring to the Board are: enthusiasm for the project, ability to articulate and help others articulate, experience clarifying vision, mission and values for a ministry (Gift of Grace), connections in Lutheran circles, sense of humor, willingness to grow, to admit I’m wrong and to listen, ability to understand diverse viewpoints and hold them in tension, boldness, and experience in coaching others to discern their ministry and steward their resources.

I have also started a very simple website for us at http://responseabilitybuilders.blogspot.com If you go there, you’ll see this letter reprinted along with my smirking mug and maybe some other things if I get up to posting them!

I look forward to meeting you and to the ministry we can do together. I think it is remarkable how God is allowing us to participate in ministry that God initially worked out with Eddy and Dana. Now God weaves us in. What an opportunity.

Sincerely,
Jami Fecher

No comments: